Tuesday, June 23, 2009

phew...

So the high school reunion invites went out today.... A big thank you to Robyne Gresham at FNB who gave me access to the folding machine. Thank goodness Brian was here to help me stick labels and seals on all of them, too bad he wasn't at the post office to help me stick stamps on all of them. I don't understand why the postal people couldn't just run them through the little machine that stamps them? You would think that since email is clearly winning the war against snail mail, they would bend over backwards.
SO back to Jamaica, I have never been so happy to see customs on U.S. soil in all my trips abroad, and having a husband waiting for me with 2 dozen red roses wasn't so bad either. Here are a few of the highlights- One thing I want to point out is that all inclusive camping should not be confused with all inclusive resorting!
1. The great kids from our group. Watching the rotten teenagers with their hairdryers and straighteners made me thankful for such a laid back group. (that's not to say that I might have fought someone for the use of a hairdryer) There were a few brief moments where i had to remind myself i am the adult: i.e. adult leader to recently graduated high schooler- "so and so, what are you reading?" teenager- "a book," adult- "what kind of book?" teen- "one with words and pages." had i not been on a mission trip, my response would have been gee, with three college degrees, i had trouble figuring that out.
2. The infirmary and the orphanage- not enough room to type about that. I did get to see a resident that had been there when I went on this same trip in high school, which was pretty neat.
3. Tonsillitis- I can mark Doctor in a foreign country off my bucket list.
4.- Dunn's River Falls- visiting the location of my honeymoon was tough without Brian, but I didn't not let that stand in the way of my beach time.
5. Jerk Chicken- It only tastes good when it is served out of a cardboard box
It was a great trip, and I can't wait to go back for a fourth time!
On an unrelated note- I applied to go to UGA this week. I am moving backwards to get another bachelors degree, so one day I can hopefully get Dr. in front of my name. Since we are a pretty devout Tech household, I cannot wait to buy a house divided licence plate. While they are not as classy as the pink Georgia girl ones, I don't know if I can quite pull off pink.
So in honor of that, you stay classy Griffin, GA!

Heres a recipe-
This comes from my favorite hour of morning tele: Today with Hoda and Kathie Lee. These cookies are auctioned off every year at the Lemonade Stand Cancer Benefit. This years batch sold for $13,000.00.
Lemonade Cookies
1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
1 Egg
1 Tub Cool Whip
Powdered Sugar

Mix first 3 ingredients, form into balls and roll in powder sugar. Bake 350 degrees, 10- 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment